Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Breakfast... My French Toast Recipe... PERFECTED!!

So I woke up early enough to get laundry done and clothes folded all before 7:30am! Woo-hoo!! I am on a roll today! I even made Sophia a "gourmet breakfast" lol. I made her some french toast and papayas! :) yummmmmm!! She's loving it right now! I have officially perfected my french toast recipe! The two dishes that my other half absolutely LOVES are my waffles and my french toast. Normally I'll make the french toast with eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Today I was getting started on my french toast and low and behold.... NO VANILLA EXTRACT :( But I did compromise, instead of using milk I decided I'd use Coffee Mate French Vanilla Creamer, BEST DECISION EVERRRRR!!! The french toast came out fluffy and a tiny bit sweeter. It tastes AWESOME!!! I'll do a quick recipe just in case there's someone out there that's unsure of how to make french toast ;p

What you'll need:
Bread- I used a slice of sweet bread but any type will do
1 egg
CoffeeMate French Vanilla creamer- about 1/2 tbs
Ground Cinnamon

What to do:
Crack your egg into a bowl
Add creamer
Add a dash of cinnamon
Mix the mixture vigorously (as if you were scrambling the egg)
Place slice of bread into mixture
Be sure the bread gets mixture on both sides, and not too much of the mixture or else there will be like scrambled eggs on your bread and that's what it will taste like ;p
Place the bread in pan on medium heat
You don't want to cook it too long, maybe about 2-3mins each side
You will see some nice brown spots... that's good :)
Then I repeat with however many slices you need, this makes about 2-3 slices

Here's a picture of Sophia's breakfast this morning :)




Want to work from home? Give my website a look: www.findingfreedomteam.com/bSilva

No comments:

Post a Comment